Article provided by: Air Force Heating and Air Conditioning Inc.
Your home’s HVAC goes through a lot every time. It keeps your house cool and comfortable when summer arrives and warm and toasty during the winter months. However, maintaining your HVAC system to ensure they are in good working condition means taking some steps to ensure that it is well taken care of.
The experts at Air Force Heating & Air Conditioning can help you prevent HVAC repair emergencies. We have many years of experience serving the Calgary area with superior HVAC services, from installation to repair and maintenance. Here’s what we can do when you call us for HVAC services in Calgary, AB.
- Check the thermostat: Our HVAC technician will ensure that your thermostat is well calibrated to provide comfort in every season. If your HVAC doesn’t have a programmable thermostat, we may recommend one and install it for you.
- Tighten electrical connections: Loose connection can cause improper operation that shortens the lifespan of your HVAC. Our technician will measure the voltage and current to ensure all electrical connections are tightened correctly.
- Clean and adjust the blower: When the blower has issues, it may decrease the equipment efficiency. We’ll make some adjustments to ensures proper airflow in your home.
- Check controls: The start cycle, shut-off sequence, and operation should work in a particular form. Our HVAC technician will check the controls to make sure everything is working correctly.
- Lubricate all moving parts: Lack of lubrication in your HVAC system can cause high amounts of friction, which results in overheating and system break down. We’ll add lubrication to the moving parts, so they work smoothly against one another.
- Examine the condensate drain: Condensing furnaces and cooling equipment generate condensate when they operate. The condensate accumulates in a pan and drains away to the outside under normal conditions. Over time residue can form in the drain pipe and form a blockage. Our technician will check the condensate drain and clean it out if necessary to properly drains it.
- Clean the evaporator and condenser coils: Soiled coils make the equipment run longer and slowly decrease efficiency. Cleaning the coils regularly is an integral part of maintaining your HVAC system. We’ll help you clean these coils to ensure prolonging equipment life.
- Inspect the gas pressure, heat exchange, and burner combustion: A cracked heat exchanger, a dirty burner, or incorrect pressure can result in improper operation. These conditions are unsafe and can cause inefficient operation. Cleaning the burner and adjusting the pressure are two viable options to improve function, but you might need to purchase a new furnace if the heat exchanger is cracked.
Trust Us For Calgary HVAC Services
Air Force Heating and Air Conditioning is a leading heating and cooling company in Calgary with expert technical care. With us, your HVAC system is in the best hands. Our HVAC Calgary contractors are experienced and trained professionals. All our team members are here to restore your HVAC system to its top form. Contact one of our helpful representatives at 403-463-7700 to schedule an appointment.